Today is the start of national breastfeeding week. Each year there is a breastfeeding scavenger hunt where lots of bloggers link together to talk about all things breastfeeding, there are lots of competitions and different companies involved. Breastfeeding is something close to my heart (ba boom) as it majorly helped me bond with the pob after suffering birth trauma. So I want to help others to understand what breastfeeding is all about and hopefully offer some support.
Last year during the hunt I wrote a post about the benefits of breastfeeding. At the time I didn’t think that in a years time I’d be feeding a different baby. But here we are again, I’m now feeding Sammy (6 weeks) and I’m finding the benefits different. So everyone has their own priorities and own benefits but here are mine this time around (check mine out last time around too):
1) convenience. It’s so easy to whap out your bap at anytime. No heating/sterilising required. No need to remember to take your boobs along.
2) you get to feed your baby and you don’t have to share 😉
3) you can’t leave your baby for long periods so can’t be pressured
4) breast milk is best…it was made to do its job, nothing can beat it
5) weight loss and appetite, you can eat more and lose weight, what could be better
6) comforting your baby, it’s easy to comfort them with boobs
7) you have lovely big boobies 🙂
8) it’s free!!!
9) you don’t have periods while you feed (I didn’t for a year)
10) it’s precious time just you and your baby
There are herd and herds of benefits and you can see some of them on the other bloggers sites some of which are:
Faded Seaside Mamma
The Mummy Adventure
Life, love and living with boys
Red rose mummy
And there are some great companies involved if you want to visit them including…
The rules of the Scavenger Hunt are here, but simply read and comment on any of the blogs joining in and register using the rafflecopters or other commenting to gather entries and points to win the grand prize…
You can gain an entry to my competition for today by going to this Rafflecopter:
a Rafflecopter giveaway